Thursday, January 30, 2014

One Gujarati shares his own experience about Development of Gujarat under Narendra Modi's leadership. "I am a secular person born and brought up in Gujarat. In my 20s I iived in USA for 10 years, and now I am back in India and own my business with offices in Ahmedabad (Gujarat), and Bangalore (Karnataka). My company with just 15 employees, has employees from 4 different religions. I have seen the changes in Gujarat with my own eyes. Some examples: It took 1.5 hours to go to my uncle's place in 2001, now it takes 15-20 mins. It took about two hours to go to airport from my place, now it takes about 45 mins. This all, while cities like Bangalore and mumbai have things getting worse in terms of traffic. Ahmedabad had severe shortage of water in early 2000s. Modi finished Narmada dam in spite of all the opposition and that issues is solved. Compare that to Bangalore Mumbai where if you are poor, good luck getting any water from government. My apartment in Bangalore has to buy water tanks. When I first went to Europe and USA, i was shocked that some of those cities had riverfront dating back to 13th century. In India except the religious ghats in UP, we don't have riverfront in any of the cities (at least I dont know of any). Ahmedabad riverfront was like shit in 2000s. Modi made an ambitious plan to revamp it, and now it looks beautiful.. He gave the first real riverfront to people of Ahmedabad, and possibly to Indians to be proud of. I have a friend who has 3 factories in Maharashtra, and he was so fed up with corruption, he moved on to Gujarat. I can go on and on.. The fact is that it takes time for development to kick in. All the car companies coming to Gujarat not all of them are fully functional. Also Gujarat is adversely affected by bad policies of the center that does nothing for businessmen like me. As somebody that lived and experienced all this change, I can no doubt say that things have gone much better under Modi. People of Gujarat have seen it, and thats why they kept voting for him for the past 11 years. Modi is the first politician in India I am passionate about. I hope he wins!!" article from- http://www.quora.com/Bhavesh-Gos

Don't Forget to Share

No comments:

Post a Comment